It is time to talk about mattresses again. It is time to talk about what to do when it is time to buy a new mattress. I know – no one likes to do that. It is amazing how long we will put up with an old bed that just doesn’t give us a good night’s sleep anymore. I swear going to the bedding store ranks right up there with going to the dentist. Well let’s see if I can make that a little easier.
First of all – when do you need a new mattress? Well, the real question you need to ask yourself is, how are you sleeping? Do you wake up refreshed and ready for the day? Or do you wake up feeling like someone beat you up during the night? Okay, no spouse jokes now.
If you aren’t getting a good night’s sleep – you must consider that your mattress just isn’t doing it’s job anymore. It may be old and worn out or it might just be that what was right for you when you bought it isn’t right for you now. Remember that it isn’t just the bed that got older – so did your body. I know that I am not physically the same person I was even five years ago. If Clinton was the president when you bought your last mattress – it’s time for a new one.
Here are some good tips to make shopping for a new mattress easy.
(blatantly stolen from King Koil).
1) Once you have realized you need a new mattress, do your research. Mattresses have probably changed drastically since you last shopped, so bring yourself up to speed. Good sources of information include the Internet, manufacturer Web sites, trusted friends and family, and the newspaper.
2) Look for sales. Mattress retailers typically advertise in the newspaper or direct mail.
3) Once you have decided on a store or stores to visit, have an idea of what you would like to spend beforehand. This will help you and the sales associate find the best mattress for your money.
4) When you visit, wear comfortable clothing.
5) Make yourself at home on the mattresses. Try every sleep position you go through in a typical night. Take your time and ask the sales associate to give you a minute if need be.
6) Try mattresses with different tops and different materials, as the feels and support levels differ.
7) Feel free to ask any question of the sales associate.
8) Try and narrow your selection down to two or three beds. More choices than that will be confusing.
9) Once you decide on a mattress, your retailer will arrange delivery and removal for you.
I hope, when you get to number 3, that you will put Smulekoff’s on your list of stores to visit. We have over 40 mattresses on display and a staff that can help you find the right one. If you are not sleeping well, it is time to do something about it. Don’t put it off any longer – you are paying too great a price.
The Hawks finally lost – bummer. But it has been a great autumn anyway.
Enjoy the coming holidays.